Header Ads

Serious Things I Learned in Comedy Movies





Movies under this genre supposed to make you laugh, and it does! I know there are a lot of good comedy movies out there, but only a few left me an everlasting mark. 



They may be funny and hilarious, but these movies helped me realize the mistakes I've done and what I've missed in life before - and not to repeat it again. 

They're maybe my personal experience, but if you can relate to it, then I am happy. I am just sharing.


Kim Jong Un - The Interview (2014)

Directors: Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You know what is more destructive than a Nuclear Bomb? Words!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lesson Learned: I was listening to a homily before and the parish priest says, "brothers and sisters, did you know that world's sharpest object is our tongue? It makes sense and we should be more careful and responsible of what we about to speak". For this instance, Kim Jong Un nailed it big time! :-)



Niel Armstrong - Dodgeball: A true Underdog Story (2004)

Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their life. But good luck to you Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson Learned: They may have stripped him of his titles, but for me, he still a champion. I am giving him (A+++) for his creativity, effort and for not giving up.
However, I am giving him capital (F----) for his choice and execution.



Professor - Waterboy (1998)

Director: Frank Coraci
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Medula Oblangata! It is where Aggression, Jealousy, Anger is coming from"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lesson Learned: This reminds me of my biology teacher! Even though there is no near resemblance to Colonel Sanders of KFC, but still, he reminds me of him and the way he pronounced and explained what is "Medula Oblangata". Scientifically Acknowledged.
RIP Mr. San Diego!



Marty Streb - Here Comes The Boom! (2012)

Director: Frank Coraci
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That's what we're supposed to do as teachers, right? Inspire."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lesson Learned: 100% correct! Salute to all the teachers and professors! Specially to my High School Chemistry Teacher, Ms. Caparas. heheheh! (My crush)



Bartender - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)

Director: Adam McKay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"times r'changing. Ladies can do stuff now & you're going to learn how to deal with it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lesson Learned: I don't expect to learn something from Ron Burgundy (except for his generous pick-up lines), but from Danny Trejo (as the Bartender), Damm! He is right!



Frank Stevens - Ted (2012)

Director: Seth MacFarlane
----------------------------------------------------------------
"That took guts. We need guts. I'm promoting you"
----------------------------------------------------------------


Lesson Learned: I am not sure if you all remember the previous scene before this (just check it for yourself), but it's the result that counts! 😊 On this particular scene, I remember my ex-boss (restaurant manager) who promoted me as a supervisor. His reason, "you got guts kid!"



Latrell Spencer - White Chicks (2004)

Director: Keenen Ivory Wayans
-------------------------------------------------------
"Did you know oysters are an aphrodisiac."
-------------------------------------------------------


Lesson Learned: I remember my first date after college. My buddies knew that we're going to a beach resort and they all told me to convince her of eating oysters. Unfortunately, no oysters available. All we've got are red wine and chocolates and the result is even better! :-)



Thank you for reading and I hope you learned something.

No comments